Hugely rewarding career making a difference in the lives our resident’s. Stunning location, family run business, our core values are Kindness, Integrity, Positivity and Adaptability.
Purpose of Position
To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the Nursing Home.
To keep a high standard of appearance and cleanliness to contribute to the quality of lifestyle afforded to each resident.
This is particularly applicable to each residents’ privacy and dignity and in respect of their personal possessions.
- To carry out all daily cleaning routines as requested by the Housekeeping Manager or their deputy.
- To thoroughly clean all allocated rooms.
- To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infection.
- To report any breakdown of equipment or fittings that requires maintenance or cannot be kept up to standard through the normal cleaning process.
- To dispose of waste bags into designated bins.
- To be aware of the Home’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To be aware of the Home’s Uniform Policy and to wear protective clothing and footwear at all times.
Training & Development
- To maintain and improve knowledge and competence.
- To attend all mandatory training.
- To attend and to contribute to staff meetings.
- To attend and participate in an annual appraisal, working the Housekeeping Manager to identify training needs and ideas for future development.
Health & Safety
- It is your responsibility to read all the company’s policies and procedures.
- It is your responsibility to report any hazards to the Housekeeping Manager or the Registered Manager.
- It is your responsibility to report all accidents to the Housekeeping Manager or the Registered Manager and record it in the Accident Report Book. If injury does not improve, seek advice.
Fixed Hourly Contract Benefits
- Bank Holiday Enhancements
- FREE DBS check.
- FREE onsite parking
- FREE Homecooked meals, and refreshments that are varied weekly.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employee 5%, Employer 3%.
- Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Scheme: Cashback towards regular dental/optical costs.
- Membership to the Westfields exclusive deals and discounts club, valid at 100s of retailers.
- Refer a Friend to Birtley who successfully passes our Induction and Training Scheme and earn yourself a £250 bonus*.
Following A Successful Probation Access To
- Techscheme.co.uk: Powered by Apple & PC World/Curry. Get the latest and spread the cost with up to 12 monthly payments from your salary.
- Cyclescheme.co.uk: Save 25-39% of the cost of a new bike & accessories whilst also *spreading the cost.
The above benefits are only available for permanent employees. These benefits are not available to those employed via an agency or on bank zero-hour contracts.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Unfortunately, if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful.