Hugely rewarding career making a difference in the lives our resident’s. Stunning location, family run business, our core values are Kindness, Integrity, Positivity and Adaptability.
Our Care Assistants can earn excellent rates of pay, over £12 per hour when working weekend and night shift patterns. With Bank Holiday Enhancements.
Purpose of Position
- To get to know the residents and their needs, take part at ‘Handover’, read the Care Plans and complete the Carers’ notes as appropriate. Document all care given including the completion of forms and charts such as fluid balance charts.
- To assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, toileting and bathing using the correct manual handling equipment and techniques. To assist residents with meals.
- To provide appropriate care for residents nursed in a bed or chair and to ensure that anything they require is within reach, for example call bell, water glass, TV remote control, telephone etc.
- To help residents who have mobility problems and other physical disabilities. To assist in the use, maintenance and care of personal aids and equipment.
- To observe and report any changes in residents’ physical condition or behaviour.
- To assist residents who need reassurance and comfort.
- To escort residents to appointments and other activities when required (transport provided).
- To make and change beds, empty commodes and tidy rooms.
- To take appropriate care when handling property belonging to residents.
- To inspect residents’ clothes and send to the laundry or for repair as necessary.
- To assist in the setting of trays, preparing, serving of any food and drinks required and clearing away of meals.
- To promptly answer call bells.
- To greet visitors and assist them. Any relatives or visitor who request information regarding residents much be directed to the Senior Staff Nurse, Clinical Lead or Registered Manager.
- To attend work punctually in accordance with the weekly rota.
- To attend staff meetings as requested.
- To undertake such other duties as may be mutually determined from time to time
Additional Responsibilities for Care Staff on Night Duty
- Prepare residents for bed, or for rising in the morning, who need help with dressing, undressing, toileting and meals.
- To carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by the Staff Nurse, whilst maintaining due regard for residents’ privacy.
Training & Development
- Remain committed to maintaining and improving one’s own professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend and complete all mandatory training courses as required.
- Attend and participate in the annual appraisal process, working together with the Registered Manager to identify training needs and ideas for further development.
Health & Safety
- It is your responsibility to read all the company’s policies and procedures, keep up to take with Company regulations and adhere to them.
- It is your responsibility to report any hazards to the Registered Manager.
- Report all Staff and/or residents’ accidents to the most senior trained staff member on duty and complete the appropriate documentation immediately.
Fixed Hourly Contract Benefits
- Bank Holiday Enhancements
- FREE DBS check.
- FREE onsite parking
- FREE Homecooked meals, and refreshments that are varied weekly.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employee 5%, Employer 3%.
- Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Scheme: Cashback towards regular dental/optical costs.
- Membership to the Westfields exclusive deals and discounts club, valid at 100s of retailers.
- Refer a Friend to Birtley who successfully passes our Induction and Training Scheme and earn yourself a £250 bonus*.
Following A Successful Probation Access To
- Techscheme.co.uk: Powered by Apple & PC World/Curry. Get the latest and spread the cost with up to 12 monthly payments from your salary.
- Cyclescheme.co.uk: Save 25-39% of the cost of a new bike & accessories whilst also *spreading the cost.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Unfortunately, if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful.